Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Power Of Timing



Ever notice how in one moment someone may be in your life, and the next moment they are gone? It's funny how traumatic experiences can alter your thoughts. I have also noticed that during times of struggle those who you would least expect to step up to the plate...actually do.

About two weeks ago I was driving to my friend's house, the weather was terrible outside, and the roads were drenched. I was five minutes into my trip when a tree and a power line fell on my car. Although I had hit my head, there was just enough adrenaline pumping through my body to get me out of the car. I fell afterwards and just laid in the road crying in pain until I was placed in a woman's land rover. All of this was a blurr, but I do remember the three thoughts running through my head:

1. Holy fuck I'm dizzy...did a tree SERIOUSLY fall on my car?
2. My family do not need to deal with another issue, I wish I didn't have to go to the hospital. What is wrong with me?
3. I need to tell him.

Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.

I sent my "him" a very incoherent text, but I was set on doing it said the man in the ambulance. Granted it may have not been the best decision, for medical purposes, to try to focus on a task such as texting after your face slams onto a steering wheel. It's funny what you will disregard when you care for someone.

My parents were amazing throughout the whole thing. I am so blessed.

My phone was turned off during my long time spent in the ER, but when I turned it on I was pleasantly surprised. A good friend of mine who I had lost touch with for these past few months, had texted me asking "how are things?"

Weird timing huh? I'd definitely say so.

I told them (in a drugged state) what had happened, and I will leave it at that. Myself and my friends have never been so impressed with that person as they were when I told them. Life and friendship work in funny ways. It never ceases to amaze me.

While in the ER I thought about many things; mainly my current relationships with people. I want to be better because they deserve better. I don't want to close them out anymore, but rather let them in. I want to be nicer, and show them my appreciation because who they are is what makes them great...and me a better person.

This blog may not be as in depth and intuitive as the others, but I just wanted to thank those who I love (yall know who you are) for their support and kindness, and for putting up with my "diva-ness." This is the start of a new, beautiful thing.

Keep Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment